Thursday, January 20, 2011

A hat, A scarf and something to look forward to

On the needles:

Be My dishcloth by Kris Knits

This is being done out of Lily Sugar 'N Cream in white. I will be making a few dishcloths as I am planning on giving sets as gifts for Christmas.

I would prefer to make these cloths out of a softer cotton that I have in the stash (but not enough of) but have no tag for so I don't know what it is. I am hoping that it is Peaches n Cream since I have found a website to order this from and I *think* I can get it from Wal-Mart.




Foamy by Gokce Baser

I looked for shawl pattern that I would be able to use up my Naturally Caron.com Spa yarn in Misty Taupe. This will be a nice shawl to have for spring and summer nights since the yarn is a blend of 75% Microdenier Acrylic & 25% Rayon from Bamboo.

I would like to have this completed by end of January but am not making any promises since as soon as my yarn arrives from KnitPicks.com for Nicks socks they will be cast on.




FOs

Slouched Tuva by Turvid















Apple Cloth by Rhonda White














Stacey's Scarf by me

This was completed by my deadline but not mailed as Sister & her family descend on out household Jan 5th. I can't wait to see everyone, especially my sister.








In Search of Stash:
This week I was able to purchase some crafty goodness, to make me feel better about my KnitPicks order taking so long to get here.

It is Happy Feet by Plymouth Yarn Co.
90% Superwash Merino
10% Nylon
192 yds in 50gms

Purchased from Showers of Flowers Yarn Shop.


Up next on the needles:
Still waiting for the yarn to arrive for Hubby's socks but once it does the socks will be my primary focus.
I finally decided on the American Beauty headband for my niece, Nevaeh.
I also realized that my SIL Stacy (yeah I have 2 sisters, Stacey & Stacie and a sister in law Stacy) is due with their baby boy in 2 weeks. I want to knit something like the Moderne Baby Blanket or Hooded Baby Blanket.

Podcasts I'm watching or listening to:
I went overboard finding podcasts this week but here is the short list...
Anatomy of Knitting
Belle of the Ball
Clothed in the Lamb (put out a new one that I have not yet listened to but it is up next)
KnitCents Podcast
The Knitmore Girls
There are more but I will share those another time.

My Thoughts:

This week I learned a different (and better) way to hold my yarn and right needle. The excitement of this has produced many stitches. There is much to learn as I grow in my knitting "career".

Knit quote of the moment:
" It is a peculiarity of knitters that they chronically underestimate the amount of time it takes to knit something. Birthday on Saturday? No problem. Socks are small. Never mind that the average sock knit out of sock-weight yarn contains about 17,000 stitches. Never mind that you need two of them. (That's 34,000 stitches, for anybody keeping track.)
Socks are only physically small. By stitch count, they are immense."
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much)

In other crafts:
I pulled out my hexagons to work on randomly. They are on my nightstand but I have not actually sewn any yet since putting them there. But they are there so I will make some eventually.
I also went through a large amount of my sewing stash and determined that I MUST make some bags soon!!!

Until next time... Knit, Lizzy, Knit

No comments:

Post a Comment